litterbox train my kitty!

getting her fixed didn't help. rubbing her nose in it and running her to the litterbox didn't help. spraying stuff, or leaving a trail of baby powder doesn't help (she hates baby powder). i love this cat, but i may kill her if my boyfriend doesn't first. she pees everywhere... even on me a few times. she's half siamese and a very devoted, loving cat. she's almost 6 months old. very entertaining spazoid cat. but the darn thing won't quit peein everywhere! and now she's taken to climbing on the counters. i don't know what else to do with her. help!

bugsmom2

Asked by bugsmom2 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pets

• My cat started doing that...peeing everywhere. After being checked for a uti (which is a very common cause) I put her in a very large dog crate. It has enough room for a little box, a blanket to lay on and her food. She was in there for a week (to make sure she HAD to go in her box). Then I let her in the laundry room only for another week. Then I only let her out when I could watch her and put her back in the laundry room when I was not watching her. If she had an accident it was back in the crate for a day. It took a little over a month to get her using her box all the time again. She is now 8 years old and I still put her and my other cat in the laundry room at night. That is their room and they put themselves to bed everynight-i just shut the door. As long as she has no medical conditions try confining her to a very small area til she can be trusted and slowly give her a little more freedom.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Another mom on here told me when I cleaned up her messes to put them in the litter box. So the other night when my kitten peed on the floor dh wiped it up and half burried the paper towle in the litter box. She went right up to it, started sniffing, climbed in and pooped! She's been using it ever since.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• both good ideas, but i don't have a laundry room, or any other room i can shut her in at night. the bathroom is offlimits because that's one of the places she likes to go. i'm pregnant, so i'm not really allowed to clean up after her, or bury anything in her litterbox. but maybe it's something my boyfriend can try with her. a friend of mine uses vinegar to spray her cats whenever she catches them going to the bathroom where they aren't supposed to. so that's my next attempt, i guess. thanks for the suggestions!
    bugsmom2

Answer by bugsmom2 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009