Fellow Cathlics

Do you have a favorite uplifting prayer? I think after some of the posts of the last few days we could use some uplifting and encouraging words.

BTW, I have to share, my 3 year old got out of bed after I put him down for the night and said, "Mommy, I'm not done talking to Jesus." So I told him to get in his bed and go ahead and he proceeded to say the whole Lord's Prayer by himself. We always say it together, I didn't know he knew the whole thing straight through on his own. It was SO cute.

Peace Be with You all.

whittear

Asked by whittear at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is such a sweet story!! When my daughter was around five we were in mass one day. She got all teary eyed and I asked her what was wrong. She put her fist up to her heart and said "I have Jesus right here in my heart and I'm just so happy".

My favorite prayer is the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. I love that one!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The Divine Mercy Chaplet!

I recorded it on EWTN. The music, the pictures the pitch is great. I turn it on and even the youngest are singing along.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Fellow Catholics that is, lol, not easy to type with a squirming little one in your lap.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• This is one of my favorites! I hope it helps you along the way.

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

St. Francis of Assisi
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 9:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• jessflynn - that's mine too. I do like the Prayer of St. Francis.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Katty, is that this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySdEJx50Z0 I like this a lot too.

LittleBit, that's SO sweet. I probably would have teared up myself at that.

Jessflynn, I think that's my favorite too.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "My favorite prayer is the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. I love that one!! "

That's my favorite too! I remember that was the prayer after announcements quite often when my kids were in Catholic school.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The Fatima prayer, O my Jesus forgive us ours sins. Save us from the fires of Hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, and help those most in need of your mercy.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• jessflynn... as a Pagan, I also think that is the most beautiful prayer. And St. Francis, with his mystical relationship to animals and nature... was probably a little bit Pagan! (not meaning any disrespect) I'm just saying that is a prayer that could absolutely be UNIVERSAL for everyone, no matter what faith they are.

Just beautiful.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Whittear, I did tear up at that one!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009