Does anybody else out there with a 4 year old who goes to bed late no matter what time you put them to bed and getting up in the morning is like pulling teeth,I mean it's been like this for 3 years and I'm about to crack for being too tired to get out of bed in the morning,what if any advice can anybody lend me to get my kid in bed early at night so I can get a good night sleep?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 8:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I used to have a similar problem with my child except no matter how little sleep she had, she would be up by 7am. I finally put into effect a STRICT bedtime routine. Dinner, baths start at 7, then a light snack, brush teeth, bed with a story, lights out by 8:30. Every single night, no matter what. At first it would take a couple of hours for her to fall asleep and she would still get up during the night. BUT, after a few weeks, the problem was solved. She is now asleep with in 15-20 minutes of lights out and rarely wakes up. If she does, she is back to sleep quickly. Her normal wakeup time is 6:45 every morning now. I know how you feel right now and it is not fun. Try this and see if if works for you. Just make sure to make no exceptions and stick to the plan, NO MATTER WHAT. It is great to get a full nights sleep. Good luck!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 8:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009