Did you hear about the census worker that was killed?

WASHINGTON — The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

The body of Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and occasional teacher, was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky. The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether the death was a killing or a suicide, and if a killing, whether the motive was related to his government job or to anti-government sentiment.

Not sure if it was a suicide or murder,?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am very sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope this type of incident, doesn't become a common occurrence...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Just read about that. I doubt it was suicide.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• What a terrible thing to say...a man is dead and we should not use that as a catapult to slam on our government. We should respect that man's life and keep his family in our thoughts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• All that hate that has been spewed against the census workers on here , and now someone is dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Anon :02, really? That is the most tortured thought process I've heard this side of Glenn Beck. Calling it Obama's census, blaming him for the DEATH of a census worker? And then, after this baseless, random accusation, you then call him a doofus for these actions, and his supposed plan to use it as a political maneuver to put blame on conservatives. To put the cherry on it, you have vaguely threatened physical violence against the census takers, and refused your constitutional duty to provide information to the US Census. Kudos for your creative storyline!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I don't put it past this DOOFUSadministration one bit to pull a stunt like this. They're all evil, wicked and devious. Remember the dead bodies that followed the Clintoons? How easy people like to forget, or have selective memory.  So save your phony sympathies.

"Consitutional duty???" ROFLMAO!  No dear, I exercise my "duty" by speaking out AGAINST this corrupt government!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Remember the dead bodies that followed the Clintoons?
    ________________________
    OK, I think I understand now.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• O.K. I will listen to anyone's opinion or argument but I like to have facts to back up said opinion or argument. Do you have any facts to share or is this just a malformed opinion based on others opinions? I really will listen but you need more than name-calling (i.e. Doofus) and paranoid conspiracy theories to back you up.
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 10:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Anyone who has ever watched Deliverance or any of a dozen old movies about the people living isolated in the backwoods of Kentucky, should know that they do not like the government or cops coming on their property. Probably goes back to the days of prohibition or even further back. This probably has nothing to do with all the new anti government crazies we have recently been seeing crawl out from under their rocks. Yes that includes you anon from earlier in the thread.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I STILL think BO and/or his people are in on this. YES, they are THAT DIRTY!

And YES, you are THAT crazy. Once again, get mental help.
    Anonymous