When should i start taking my daughter to start getting her vaccines. she is 4 weeks old now.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 months, then 4 months...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• DRs are different my daughters started at one month my sons at 2 months. ITS ALL UP TO U. if u want to wait till ur child is 5 months so be it. Dont let anyone make ur mind up for u! the drs sometimes hate when they are behind but its not their kid and they can shove it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 2, 4,6 months, then at a year, then 2 then 4. the 9 month checkup is just to look at them and catch up on vaccines in case they missed one. the 9 month isn't even really necessary, just precaution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I vote never. My kids are both 100% vaccine free and very very healthy.

Join Choosing Not to Vaccinate and make an informed choice about vaccines!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Mine got his first set today at 8 weeks.

His next are in 4 weeks.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 9:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• its your choice to get them or not however daycares require up to date shot records. Call your dr. for what they suggest
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• it's up to you. some people decide not to get shots for their kids. you will have to do a lot of research (online should do) to find out the risks and benefits of shots, and then talk to your doctor about it. most doctors will say you should get shots, and will have their recommended schedule, but you can decide not to if you want.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Never......

books: Vaccines: Are They Safe & Effective by Neil Z Miller, The Hundred Year Lie by Randall Fitzgerald, How to Raise a Healthy Child...in Spite of Your Doctor by Dr Robert Mendelsohn

site:
    Vaccine Ingredients used-yuck>> from CDC themselves http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

No matter anyone says-they can not force you-every state has at least ONE exemption

……….. and yes your child can go to school etc. (check for your state here) http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Whenever you decide to, if you decide to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• JocelynsMama1:

Actually, my DD is in daycare and not vaccinated. I signed an exemption form, and I will do the same for public school, should she not be homeschooled. Every state offers exemption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009