What would you have done?

This lady and her husband were at Golden Corral while we were there earlier. Her and her husband both left with their 2 year old to get food and left their 3 month old in a high chair at the table and weren't even paying attention to her. Then they when to find more stuff and left the 2 year old and their 3 month old at the table in a busy restaurant.

Should I have said something?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 8:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boyfriend and I would take turns and get something too eat. With all of the child abductions happening there is no way in hell I would purposely leave young children unattended.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 2:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Mmm... I dunno about this one.
    To me, honestly? I would've just went ahead and minded my own business.
    I don't know them. They might've known the managers or workers, and asked them to keep an eye out for them, stuff like that. I don't know the entire circumstances.
    I think if the baby would've gotten hurt or possibly kidnapped.. it honestly would've been their own fault. When you have babies, there's just certain things you're no longer able to do anymore. I personally, think that's one of them, and if I didn't have a "system" with one of the workers there, no, I would've either stayed, or my DH would've. We're both paranoid about stuff like that, especially since my son has always been a rambunctious one.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• However, just depending where they were sitting - I maybe would've offered up my "eye-out" services for the kids.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I would've watched them and definitely gone over there if the kids needed help, and in that case maybe would've spoken my mind, but otherwise I don't think saying anything would do much good....people like that don't usually take well to other people's opinions...I made the mistake of telling a young mom to calm down one time when she was screaming obscenities at her toddler for pulling her mittens off and I think she wanted to hit me. It was a scene.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• nah, i probly would have looked at them funny lol, but i wouldn't have said anything. if i was close, i'd probly watch the kids for them. like if one started acting up or choke or something i would've been right there and helped out or something. kinda like the burger king in our area, other parents don't mind watching other kids while the parents run to grab their food or fill their drink. i mean it's not like the parent's can't see the kids, the play area is all glass, so you can still keep an eye on your kids, you just got someone helping you out in case something happens.

also depends on how crowded it is in the restaurant. too crowded, and far enough away from the food, dh would stay with the kids, or vise versa. if i was close enough to the food and it's not that crowded, then maybe i'd keep the baby in the high chair, with an eye on her. 2yr old though, i never leave him alone anywhere without someone watching him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt of said anything either.. just watched the kids for them!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 9:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes.That was not right i even don't leave my child alone with other children in a busy place.
    mommymae06

Answer by mommymae06 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009