My 7yo girl has picked up a horrible attiude..how do I makes it stop?

so my daughter has been going to school w/ this girl since pre-k, they ues to be frinds ..on again-off again.. but the girl is a real snot..sorry but she is awful.. I've tried to talk to mine and she will be ok for a couple of days then I get a smart mouth from her out of nowhere.. any suggestions?

leftylucy81

Asked by leftylucy81 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Okay I have 4 girls and 3 bff's that each, have 3 girls. my sister's bff has 4 girls
    Every single one has an attitude at age 7. I love my girls dearly but at age 7 i could have given them up and not looked back. It is the age and at age 8 someone will come along and flip the switch and all will be good again, I promise! Also one thing I have learned from watching my girls is that they all have love hate relationships with their friends.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Maybe explain to her that in your house you don't allow attitudes like that and come up with a punishment that you can apply whenever it comes out. She may be too old for a time-out type punishment but maybe everytime she gets snippy she goes to bed 15 mins earlier or something? I find that explaining that if she does THIS the punishment will be THIS - and having that conversation before she's in trouble may keep her from acting out. and if not you already have a punishment all set up so you don't have to get upset and stress...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• After teaching 2nd grade for several years... they all seem to go through this around 7-8. Blah!!! Just keep reminding her how it feels to be treated like that and that you expect her to respect herself and others more than her words are currently showing.
    Die hard on it momma! You'll have a super girl when it's done!!!
    mnrsmom900

Answer by mnrsmom900 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009