My son just turned 1yr & im 2.5mos pregnant!! Feeling overwhelmed....

I have a cardiac medical condition so my pregnancies are both considered high risk. I spent some time in the hospital w/my last pregnancy & after giving birth & having some postpartum complications was advised I would most likely not conceive in the future. I ovulate very infrequently as well. I was breastfeeding still as well but recently found out im pregnant w/my 2nd child. The pregnancies are close together & im concerned/overwhelmed, I should be happy but Im pretty stressed. Im having my tubes tied after this birth b/c I have 2 step-children as well so this will make 4 kids! Anyone else in this position or been here? Im desperate for any advice or even encouragement. This is crazy! A 1.5yr old & a newborn?? I know alot of women do it but isnt this risky health wise? Im weaning but still currently breastfeeding too. Thanks everyone.

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will make it momma. I did and so can you. My kids are 18 months apart too. I was worried that i wouldn't be able to love both of them equally, that i wouldn't be there as often for my oldest and the list goes on. But when the baby came i sailed through like nothing happened. It came naturally. GOod luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I also have 4 kiddoes (11, 7, 6, & 2). My middle 2 were less than 13 mos apart & were both Csections. I also homeschool.

My life is THE example of stress & chaos!! LOL

So.. if you need to vent.... I'm here --- my profile's not private .... hit me up any time! :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my son was 4 months old when i got pregnant with #2, and they were both considered high risk. its not that difficult having 2 babies at once. my son had just started walking when i had my daughter, and i am now 6 weeks away from having my 3rd baby, and my son is 34 months, and my daughter is 18 months. i wouldnt have it any other way.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have #2 on the way and have a 7 month old. Mine are gonna be 13 months apart. You'll be fine.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Have you thought of having a doula to help with your birth and post partum? Doulas will attend hospital births. Doulas take care of momma. Some will help with the children while the mother is recovering. Some even do house work and cook!! Tell your DH/SO you need help and be specific about what kind of help you want. Is there family close by? Are there friends you trust? Some of the toughest mommas I know ask for help.

You can do this.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks mamas!! Im feeling calmer already! I knew many other women do this & I guess encouragement was what I was looking for. Its just gonna be tough cuz Im 24 w/heart problems & I get exhausted & dont feel well easily, I have a 12yr old step-son, a 9yr old step-daughter plus my 1yr old son & now this new baby on the way & my hubby is full time student + works & my family is NOT close by so help is not a easy option. A Doula sounds nice but dont they cost alot? We like many other people in the world today are barely afloat as it is. Trust me I will check into any & all options but I think Im in this by myself for the most part. Thanks everyone! I appreciate your answers.
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009