Why is change so hard ( to change that is) ??

Why, are habits so hard to brake? Why, is it so hard to do something different??

Who can tell me
any advice on how to do it would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on your habit.
    Just remember your goal. Remember the benefits of quitting that certain habit.
    If it's something that'll improve your health, behavior.. and/or kids'/families life... always keep that in mind.
    Write it down in brief words and post-it note to some of the places you frequent often. Bathroom mirror, maybe the computer, the fridge, stuff like that.

Habits are always hard to break, because they're so deeply ingrained in you. You sometimes do it without thinking.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks OP here

It just stuff like making sure I get completely dressed everyday and get the girls dressed completely everyday. be more organized that sort of thing not allowing myself to become completely overwhelmed when things don't go as planned

I fear failure so If I think I can't do something perfect then I won't even bother trying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Small steps.. they say if you do something for 14 days it becomes a habit... the same with breaking it... if you want to be less negative, try being positive no matter what for 14 days... if you want to stop eating fatty foods... eat healthy (NO FATS) for 14 days. This worked for me in losing weight- I ate a lot of food, but it had to be good food for 14 days, then I moved to eating less... I lost 40 pounds and have kept it off for 2 years- I just do not eat ANY junk food because I know if I do, I will quickly go back to my old bad eating habits!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ohh, I see.
    Well, that can be your goal! Organization should be your "light at the end of the tunnel" and remind yourself of the time when you're so overwhelmed, you don't even know where to begin. For me... I hate it, but I found myself in it often. I'd start cleaning up, and it'd seem to get messier the more I "cleaned" and I'd just get fed up with it.
    If it's like.. an "office" or a room that's a complete havoc, take a "before" picture. Clean up. Get baskets. File slots. Pencil/pen holders, just stuff like that. Take a weekend out to completely revamp. Get one of the Mommy Family Planner/Calendars, hang it up, write down all appts or notes. Stuff like that. Then take a picture. Have both within eyesight.
    Also, you can always take at least 15-20 minutes out of your time to tidy up. It honestly doesn't seem like much, but once, I timed it with just a simple egg timer.. I got a LOT done during that time! :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009