What would you do if a neighbor threatened your child and DH?

Out of NO where a neighbor of ours yesterday started to threaten my 7yo daughter and my husband. Making outrageous accusations and attacking via e-mail. All open ended threats, nothing immediate so the sherriffs could not do anything.

How would you take it if your neighbor said things like, you better keep your daughter away from my house or else. Your husband patted my daughter on the head you will be hearing from the police. (her words) She is scary like she stopped taking meds or something. AND they have alot of guns!

They are renting and I so want to contact the landlord. I spoke with other neighbors and before I even mentioned who was giving us the problems they knew! The entire neighborhood wants these people gone.

What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I would probably keep all those emails filed, and ask those neighbors if they have the same threats. Whether by mail or email - just something handwritten and "concrete" then petition to have them kicked out of the house, and show it to the landlord. If it's just not you, and the neighboring houses... I honestly wouldn't feel it's a safe place anymore.
    For a woman that unstable or scary, I would just ignore and quietly observe. And, I would keep your daughter away - not because of the threat, because she IS a threat to everyone.

Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• contact the landlord and see if the police will let you file a complaint so it is on file, and keep a close eye on your lil one
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The last sentence... I meant "not because of her threat, but because she IS a threat to everyone."
    Yeah... :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Contact the landlord and complain every time there's an issue. Also, they sound like they aren't stable so stay away. You just never know who you're dealing with. Keep records and call the cops when necessary.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Keep copies of all emails that the neighbor sends. Keep your child away from the neighbor. Complain to the landlord, document everything the neighbor says and does to your daughter and hubby....dates, times, who was there, any witnesses and what happened. Keep it all in a notebook or folder. If things escalate, call the police and show them everything that you have.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009