Did you see Obama stick up for America?

UNITED NATIONS — President Barack Obama bluntly prodded world leaders Wednesday to join the U.S. in solving pressing global problems, challenging them to move beyond "an almost reflexive anti-Americanism which, too often, has served as an excuse for collective inaction."

Obama, making his inaugural address to the U.N. General Assembly , told fellow leaders in so many words that he has changed the tone and substance of U.S. security policies he inherited from President George W. Bush , and it is time for them to reciprocate.

"Make no mistake: This cannot be solely be America's endeavor. Those who used to chastise America for acting alone in the world cannot now stand by and wait for America to solve the world's problems alone," Obama said.

Where is the under the bus moments? Oh he was standing up for America

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Iran and North Korea , he said, "must be held accountable" if they continue nuclear programs outside international inspection. Israel , the Palestinians and the Arab States "must decide whether we are serious about peace or whether we will only lend it lip service." And developed and developing nations together bear responsibility for stopping global climate change, he said.

Obama's remarks betrayed frustration, and perhaps some surprise, that after eight months in office in which he's overturned much of the Bush legacy and offered engagement to friends and enemies alike, he's won few concrete benefits in return.

His Middle East peace initiative is stuck in low gear, Europeans and others are declining to offer more troops for the war in Afghanistan , and it remains unclear at best whether powers such as China and Russia will join in imposing harsher sanctions on Iran if negotiations that begin on Oct. 1 fail.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Did you catch wehn he said, "We cannot blame others, we must take responsibility for our own actions...blah blah blah?" Hope he remembers that line next time he's tempted to blame President Bush for his own mistakes! I doubt it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• told fellow leaders in so many words that he has changed the tone and substance of U.S. security policies he inherited from President George W. Bush ,

But yet, he left rendition on the table... Ohh wait Bush inherited that from Clinton, and Obama made no mention of Clinton, so technically he was partially truthful. He is saying what he needs to say to make himself look good. Obama made a 100% political speech today. It was just another one of his political moments to appease his given 'target market'...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Right and no republican politican ever gives a "political" speech. Republicans are so trustworthy themselves, yea right. You want to go to the history books on that one and see how many LIES they have told? I am not saying democrates don't do the same thing but STOP acting like the republicans are so damn innocent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Actually Sweet the above comments were stated on Hannity this evening, i.e., don't care what he says he is wrong.

The speech he made was poignant. Similar to the speech that Bush made about the US and immigration. I was very proud of him.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no I sure didn't...where?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• He made it to the UN yesterday and today in NY. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

Who are you blabbing to question mark?  I guess not me.. I'm not a Republican. :o)  Look at my post on Palin. I blame BOTH SIDES for the current state of our nation. These problems have been brewing much longer than 8 years. It just so happens (in case you are living under a rock... Which you are a cowardly anon~So it's quite possibly the case) that the CURRENT administration and the CURRENT Congressional ledership??? DEMOCRATIC.  And this QUESTION was about Obama (also a Democrat).  So, wake up and join the rest of the nation, in 2009!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'm so sick of that bastard apologizing for us. He does NOT speak for me. I just want to smack the shit out of him when he blathers on like he did. God, I cannot wait until the next elections! We need to get rid of that idiot!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm so sick of that bastard apologizing for us. He didn't

He does NOT speak for me. Yes, he does. If you are an American

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009