Who thinks that on a website for moms that we should advertise a freebie that could potentially scar are children?

I recently saw a post for a freebie on one of the groups on here for a "mask and other stuff" basically talkin smack about McDonalds thru the group PETA. What they were trying to push off is this scary looking mask of Ronald McDonald like a killer clown. As a mom of a soon to be 4 year old son who loves McDs this really upsets me! Not just the fact that PETA as usual is saying their stuff and complaining but the fact that a post like this was allowed on a website that is geared for MOMS. I don't know 99.999999% of the moms on here and any mom that would support something that could potentially scar my child or any other for that matter would never be a friend of mine. Why is it this one group owner is allowed to rule just because she started it? Why am I the only one standing up for our children's childhoods?

charlene8301

Asked by charlene8301 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG this is ridiculous, i would love for my daughter to be afraid of mc donald it is garbage and kids need to get away from it. The obesity rate is outstanding in the US because 1/3 of kids eat fast food at least once a day. That is disgusting. I am not perfect my daughter eats out once in a great while, but at least i get her actual chicken (even though fried) and apples (full of salt) rather than chicken bone ground up into nuggets and french fries with no fruit or veggie
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When my son gets mcdonalds he eats chicken and as far as his dietician is concerned its good for him bc he has to gain weight since he is below the 5% percentile. and APPLES are sold there as well as LOW FAT MILK AND APPLE JUICE AND GUESS WHAT WATER!!!!!!!!! do you not pay any attention to what fast food places are doing to make food healthier? obviously not! and not all parents get their kids fast food once a day. either way THIS POST SHE LET HAPPEN IS WRONG AND WE SHOULD NOT SCARE OUR CHILDREN LIKE THAT NOR SHOULD WE PROMOTE SOMETHING THAT COULD MAKE THEM HAVE TO GROW UP BEFORE THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH!
    charlene8301

Answer by charlene8301 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If you love Ronald McDonald so much then don't look at it.
    I think the amount of overweight children is scarier than any mask.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I also doubt everytime you take your child to mcdonalds you get them nuggets, low fat milk, and apples.
    I'm sure you get them grease soaked burgers and fries
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my son only gets chicken and doesnt even like fries and is it not up to us as parents to give a crap about what our kids eat? if parents want to feed their kids bad foods 24/7 to make them obese that is their prerogative. MY POINT IS THIS WHICH YOU TWO BAD MOMS DON'T SEEM TO GET. THIS IS A SITE FOR MOMS AND AS PARENTS OF KIDS IN THIS SOCIETY OF BAD HEALTH, AND WAR, AND PAIN AND SUFFERING WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR KIDS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE AND YALL THAT THINK THIS MASK IS AN OKAY THING ARE DISGUSTING AND BAD PARENTS. NO PARENT SHOULD BE OKAY WITH SCARING OUR CHILDREN! THIS IS WHY I DONT EVEN LET MY SON GO OUT ANYWHERE ON HALLOWEEN BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE PARENTS OUT THERE THAT LET THEIR KIDS BUY SCARY MASKS TO SCARE LITTLE KIDS. IF WE DON'T RAISE OUR KIDS RIGHT THEN WHO WILL? NOBODY!
    charlene8301

Answer by charlene8301 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Even the nugget are gross I wont even eat them. Bulking you child up with greasy fatty foood is not the way to get him to gain weight. And why are you giving him low fat milk if he needs to gain weight. He needs peanuts, peanut butter, wheat bread. Not junk. I will so be an RN and this si a mojor concern (obesity rate and diabetes) Teaching you kids (whether he be under weight or not) poor eating habits now will haunt him or her later. Not telling you how to raise your kid!! The only reason they are making stuff "healthy" is to get people to eat there. The apples aren't even good for you they are soaked in salt and preservatives. Funny story I left mc Donalds apples outside for a week on vacation once and they didn't even change color. And we were in the OBX where it was 90 degrees at least all week! What does that say. OOOHHH
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ok, I thought the question was geared towards PETA scare tactics, not towards how moms choose to feed THEIR kids? Or am I just reading the question incorrectly?

And since we're on the subject, it's no one's business how you choose to feed your kid.

But back to the PETA thing. They are a bunch of terrorists amd should be ashamed of themselves for trying to scare little kids. They really need to get a life.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Answered at 9:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 by: BambiF
    I also doubt everytime you take your child to mcdonalds you get them nuggets, low fat milk, and apples.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually on the rare chance we go that's what she gets...I get a tea and nuggets because everything else is gross. Lettuce isn't supposed to taste like dirt
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I honestly cannot believe that you would call someone a bad mom. Especially when you are obviously doing things that other mothers consider wrong, yet they did not call you a bad mom. To me that seems a bit rude and ridiculous. Obviously you feel strongly about this, but no, just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them bad mothers, it makes them different from you. This is looking an awful lot like "the pot calling the kettle black".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• PETA is using scary McDonalds masks as a tactic to promote their propaganda that McDonalds is an animal holocaust mill. It has nothing to do with grease or obesity. Just dead chickens and cows.
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009