My two and a half year old is totally protesting bed time.

Help me I am 3 months pregnant and I have to carry her in her room 10-20 times before she gives in. I threaten taking her baby and I do and she doesn't care, then her stuffed animal, and so on. I only talk to her 3 times then i dont say anything and lay her back down. What else can I do she has a routine I follow everynight. At this point I would put her crib back up but she can get out of it. Can I lock her in her room. LOL

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• haha idk about that but maybe punishing her by putting her in timeout or stand in corner for a few and then make her go back to bed, don't carry her she got out and she needs to go back. And if you don't normally put her in the corner it would be a good way to catch her off guard and she prob won't like it.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have the same problem with my DD and she is almost six. The only thing that I have ever found that works is swimming or bedtime stories. A nice long swim can wear down the strongest child. As for the bedtime story it has to be something very wordy. We're not talking Disney stories but something really hefty. By the time my DD was four she had already heard the entire Chronicals of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and most of Sir Arthur Connan Doyle. It turns out she really likes Sherlock Holmes. But all of these stories were very long on words and very short on pictures. She just lays there and listens to the story painting the pictures in her mind until she falls asleep.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 10:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009