what's it like to have kids about 3 years apart in age?

what is your experience with this age difference between your kids?

my son is 2 and my husband and i are going to start trying to get pregnant again soon we think. we also think that this would be our last child.

so we are guessing that if we don't have too much trouble getting pregnant, our kids will be 3-3.5 years apart. :)

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my last child when my middle had just turned two while it was a challenge it is not impossible. One up point is having them within ages where they will hopefully become buddies and develop a great relationship. However my oldest and middle children are five years a part at this time she is 18 and he will be 13 and they get along fine as long as he stays out of her business. They share many times together talking and she advises him on different situations he brings to her.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 10:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have three, I got pregnant around the time the 1st turned 2 and around the time the 2nd turned 2, I think it's a good age difference. Go for it!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• One of my best friends had her first and second at that spacing and HIGHLY recommends it. Number three was born less than a year after number 2 and she does NOT recommend THAT at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thanks ladies... lol @ gdiamante!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009