has your child ever swallow anything and if so what was it?

besides food like a foreign object

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but he liked to stick things in his nose. Pebbles that we had to go to the ER to get removed and he ended up sucking them in. The ER even has a nose/ear removal kit.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• DD has eaten things like dirt, sand, cat food, dog food, grass, paper etc lol!! But nothing that she's ever had to have medical attention for.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son once swallowed a squishy earplug and I didn't know until it came out in his poop! It was neon orange.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son swallowed a nickel, cat food, and apparently styrofoam because I seen it in his diaper, and later found the styrofoam with bitten pieces. He also got in to the kitty litter at my moms house. don't know if he swallowed it, but he definitely got it in his mouth. Yuck. I make her hide the litter box now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My oldest was always putting things in his mouth. At a year old he swallowed a nasty cigarette butt that was on the ground at the park, at two we wound up at the hospital for x-rays for swallowing a nickel (which eventually did come out naturally), and at four we were back at the hospital again for x-rays because he swallowed a large button and it was caught in his throat. That was removed with foreceps after he was put under sedation. At five he swallowed one of those ballon tips that squeal and that also had to be removed after sedation. Thank goodness the last hopital trip for swallowing something was at six, but this time he had to have a quarter surgically removed.
    shaecastle

Answer by shaecastle at 10:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2009