What would you do?

My MIL says that my husband has slept on the couch since he was young. He never slept in his bed. She even told me that he used to pee in soda bottles because he was too lazy to get up and go to the bathroom. WELL, I have been with my husband for a few years now and since we have been together, he RARELY sleeps with me. There's always an excuse and honestly, I have gotten SO used to it that when he does sleep with me on occasion, I end up kicking him out of bed because he's snoring too loud or something. So basically, 90% of the time at least, he sleeps downstairs on the couch. A few times I have actually figured out that he pissed in a bottle downstairs too because he was too freaking lazy to come upstairs to pee in the middle of the night! I am BEYOND DISGUSTED and told him I was fed up and going to put a post here to see what other wives would do. LADIES?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• If you knew it then why are you questioning it now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ew, that's totally gross, sorry about your luck maybe your mil should have not let him get away with that in the first place.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Let the man be who he is. You married him, and we all do stuff that other people find disgusting. Maybe you should get some plugs for your ears so you can sleep with him. I don't sleep with my hubby cause he works nights...and when he's off it bugs me that he is taking up my space...but I still let him sleep in OUR bed. I couldn't live the way you do...I got married to share my bed with someone I love...the only time I'm more than happy to let him sleep down stairs is when he is drunk of his ass
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• umm... not sure what I would do on this one...if I was dating a guy and he had these habits I would not get serious with him... BUT- you are married. Not sure I would divorce over this, but it would turn me off badly!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• umm. well that could be come an issue later on in the relationship. if hes snooring, thry the snorring (nose strips) its called breathe right or something try that. if that dont work take him to the doctor he may have sleep apnea. if yall are never in the bed together that could become an issue. i have to have him to cuddle with, i dont think i could deal with that. now ok the peeing in the bottle my husband has done but he told me it was bc someone was in the bathroom at the moment. but if he does this because he is being lazy.. how freakn lazy can u be? i hope he changes. thats is pretty darn lazy sorry to say.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I also would not be married to man who gets drunk off his ass when we have kids. You need to grow up some time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• NOTHING is going to make him WANT to come to the bed. I've tried!!! He is just USED to sleeping on the couch and it feels more supportive for his back. I don't like this situation and I think our children need to see Mommy and Daddy sleeping together! Please don't taking the snoring thing wrong. I'm just saying that when he does sleep with me ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, it's awkward and I kick him out, but that's not keeping him from coming upstairs again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'm the wife that sleeps on the couch or in the bed with the kids. The support of the couch thing is a crock... buy a bed that feels good to him. The peeing in the bottle thing... I know this is TMI but I remember a long long time ago when I was about 7, my brother peed in a mountain dew bottle (he often did at night I found out later) and I saw the bottle, I snuck up, popped the lid and took a big drink of it. I can't drink out of a bottle/can/glass to this day (30 years later) if I walk away from it. What is going to happen when one of your kids grabs the bottle? He needs to think about that and if nothing else, he needs to start going to the bathroom.
    If your MIL told you this before you married him, then I'm not sure what to tell you, but if you found out by complaining to her, then I really do feel bad for you. New bed, softer ear plugs and a lesson in sanitary habits is all I can suggest.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• well if you dont want to divorce him, buy him a bed pan, body pillow, and breathe right strips and call it a day!
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• At least he isn't going outside to pee. My father and a friends husband both do that instead. The only thing I would really have an issue with is the peeing in the bottle thing. I guess you have to pick your battles.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009