I keep having reoccuring dreams my son is possesed! What could this possibly mean?! I seem to have reoccuring dreams constantly even not about him and they are all nightmares...Is this normal or should not be so frequent? But seriously, I wake up scared of my son sometimes! Why?!

randiedwards87

Asked by randiedwards87 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you're taking any medications,some have side effects that can cause nightmares. Try taking benedryl to help put you in a deeper sleep and break the sleep pattern you're in.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 10:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How old is your son? Could this be PPD, or closer to PPP? I would seriously look into getting some counseling from someone you trust. This is not something that you should be having dreams about. I would think that you are stressed out and having difficulty with being a mother for some reason. This is not something to be ashamed about, but it is something you need to seek help for.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• To Lisahi....I am currently on Ambien nightly

To Petie....he is almost 11 months. I do have major depression and bi-polar so I have been in therapy for almost 3 yrs now.
    randiedwards87

Answer by randiedwards87 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Uh-oh. Sounds like side effects. You might want to talk to your doctor about these nightmares.
    Your son is fine. He's an innocent. He is fine. But please see the doctor about this. You may need something different or something adjusted.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yea, go see your doctor and tell them you are having terrifying dreams. You probably need your meds adjusted.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i think it can be many things. like a side effect to meds. but if u look it up it means
    Possessed
    To dream that you are possessed, represents your state of helplessness and not being in control of things.

aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 10:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• to April.....well Im not the one possesed...its my son which is even worse!
    randiedwards87

Answer by randiedwards87 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When I initially went on anti-depressants (wrong fit for me it turned out) I had GRAPHIC technicolor nightmares for months!!!
    Ambien can do this to you as well... as can Benadryl- they disrupt your natural sleep cycle. Talk to your doctor about it...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• randie hun with your mental status you could have an underlying fear that your child have the same issues as you. Which for you would be the worst thing that could happen. When you awake from the dreams what is the time? 3 am or anywhere in that vicinity is the time when the bible tells us the devil does his best to interrupt our lives and thoughts. I would talk to the doc but I would also begin by anointing my home and doorways with blessed oil, call forth the warring angels that god promises us , call forth restful sleep and bind any attacks that may come at you during the night. I have been there, without the diagnoses you have and KNOW that when I went to sleep with the promises of God in my mind the dreams did not come. Psalms 91 is a wonderful scripture to focus on at bedtime...
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 7:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree with ladies who say it is prob related to your medication.. yes, tell your doctor!

But also, I've had dreams about demon possession also.. not in my kids, but still. I was following the Christian path at the time, and I started calling on Jesus in my dream to HELP. It helped. If you are a Christian, and if you can program yourself to remember this when you are dreaming.. it might help. Just tell yourself that Jesus can help you and then when you are having a nightmare call on him to help you. I am a Pagan now and have stopped having all the dreams that were bothering me... but calling on Jesus did seem to help.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2009