Does any body know the difference between medical assistant program or a nursing program?

im 18, only have a ged and im 5 months pregnant. i need to do something where i can get ito work right a way....or right after the baby's born...which one might be best?

LilLinaBoo

Asked by LilLinaBoo at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• Medical assistant is a nonprofessional position. MAs draw blood, do EKGs, other tests and assist the nurse. the nurse is a professional position. The nurse may also do these technical tasks but will do many others including administering medication andassess the patient, treat the patient according to protocols and/or doctor's orders, evaluate the treatment. I recommend you contact your local community college to find out about both programs if they have them. Have you thought about taking a Certified Nurses Aid course or starting at the hospital in a unit secretary/nurses aid type position? You could probablly get on board even now if you talk to a recruiter. If not, you should be able to find something. The benefits may be better and there may be a tuition reimbursement or scholarship money for you to go into nursing. I hope this helps and I wish you well.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• What is the difference between a Medical Assistant and a Nursing ...
    What is the difference between a Medical Assistant and a Nursing Assistant? .... What type of Medical Assistant program does C.O.D. offer? ...
    www.querycat.com/faq/402226a446c9f9cad375ccb9ae8f9c3e -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hi i'm 19 and I also looked into nursing or medical assistant. I chose nursing, because I feel I have more oppurtunites. I didn't want to work as a medical assistant because I would always be working under somebody.I also had the chance to take a certified nursing assistant class which really helped me, I took it at a vocational school. If you have chance of taking that class I would take it. I hope this helps you out. I have so much information on both. So feel free to message me. Oh..and CONGRATS!
    its_mrs.valdez

Answer by its_mrs.valdez at 11:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hi im 25 and im currently a certified nursing assistant and i would really suggest looking into this it is a very fast class i think most are like 13 to 14 days and then you can go take your certification at your local red cross most hospitals will pay for you to go take your test and you can even get paid while your getting trained. You can check your local hospitals and nursing homes for info on cna classes. To become a medical assistant you will have to go to school and pay for it and it will take some time to complete so i really suggest the cna classes and the money is pretty good before i decided to stay home with my son i was making $13 working at a nursing home.
    jaydi06

Answer by jaydi06 at 6:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Money.
    JoMomtoCandJ2

Answer by JoMomtoCandJ2 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2008