Middle Child Syndrome

My middle child always needs extra attention, I try to give it to her, try to make her feel special, but she is still so needy, Are all middle children like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No. I'm a double middle child and I was neither needy or clingy. I just wanted to be treated like an individual, as viable as any of my siblings.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It all depends. I am a middle child. Yes, I never felt like I received as much attention as the older nor the younger child. Are you sure you aren't in some way making the child feel underappreciated? It does get sticky when there are two others to care about all the time. Just make sure you are not leaving the middle child out. There is definitely something to be said about "middle child syndrome". Be careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I don't buy into this whole "middle child syndrome" thing. If you allow it to happen, it will. If you don't allow it, it won't.

You control it, not their birth order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009