Who wants to help me with a topic???? :)

Ok Ladies I'm writing my very first college research paper!!! And after taking a 5 year hiatus from school I'm a little... shall we say 'rough' on the coming up with stellar ideas for a paper.... SO... I have a paper to write for my State and Local Government class. Here is the (as the teacher put it) Question:

Choose a topic/an issue that illustrates Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) and provide in your answer:
1. A general discussion of the topic/issue (Background)
2. A discussion of the topic/issue as it relates to the institutions/agencies involved
3. The reason(s) for the policy/issue and how it is implemented

:) I need a good topic. Something that can really stir things up in my brain. Something a little controversial even since I work well when thinking of arguing a debate. Thanks so much in advance

landensmommy411

Asked by landensmommy411 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You will probably get more responses if you explained Intergovernmental Relations. I looked it up and found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Intergovernmental_Relations

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks anon I meant to do that and forgot :)

Basically it has to be an issue that affects all 3 branches of the government (National/Federal Govt, State Govt, and Local Govt)
    An example is::
    Welfare; The Federal govt gives so much $ to the States that are REQUIRED to be put into the Welfare program, the State then gives each county (Local Govt) a certain amount to be used based on the need in that county.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Um, healthcare?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009