If He Isn't There Through Your Pregnancy, Does He Deserve A chance After?

He said he'd be there, ya know go to all the doctor's appointments, well he lied!! He calls casually here and there, but is kinda rude and never asks about the pregnancy. But, through a couple things he has said I get the feeling that he doesn't want to deal with me while I'm pregnant, but thinks right after the baby is born everything will be fine. If he can't stick it out with me through the pregnancy does he deserve a chance after I have the baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• He is an ass! If he cant be there for you during the pregnancy then he should not have privledges after. You didnt get that way by yourself, he was there. Tell him to man up or move on! best wishes
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• He might not deserve to be in a relationship with you, but he deserves to have a relationship with his child. Now, after the child is born, and he's still being an asshole, then it's time to take everything through the court system. My daughter's (and son on the way) father just up and left us, but I know he loves his daughter and son and would never try to sabotage their relationship...he just lost his chances on a good woman thats all..
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Me and DH werent together through my pregnancy. We broke up when I was 5mo pregnant and we both went our seperate ways. The only time he called was to get updates about the pregnancy since I was a high risk and he wanted to make sure his kid was ok after I told him we didnt talk until the next appointment. After DS was born we decided to be friends like we were before (We had been friends for 5yrs before we got together the first time) and raise our son. When DS was 2mo he wanted to get back together, I said no, if he wanted to be with me 6mo from then, then we would discuss it. Needless to say we spent those 6mo figuring out what we wanted and now we are married and he is an amazing dad & husband so to answer your ?

Yes give him another chance BUT make him prove himself to you first. Don't rush into things and wait and see how it all plays out. Tell him he has a certain amount of time to prove himself and his intentions GL
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009