How long does it take for your breasts to go down in size after breastfeeding?

I'd especially like to hear from those who breastfed for longer than a year. I recently weaned my daughter, who's 2.5 years old, as well as my 4 month old son (who would barely nurse after I went back to work and he started having to get bottles). I've heard that it can take a year or so to completely dry up, especially after extended nursing. I checked today and was able to express a little bit of clear-ish liquid, but I would barely call it milk. Anyway, just wondering how long it will take for my breasts to get smaller now that I'm done breastfeeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not too long. maybe up to a month. because they will engourge first. you need to slwoly cut back....... mine stopped fully producing milk like 3 months after i completly stopped.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I nursed DD for over 2 years and never lost any of the cup sizes I gained. I went from a DD to an F with her and have gone from an F to a G with DS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• wow i didnt even know they go back down . well mine didnt . but i think i like my fuller breastaize
    :)
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009