would you get upset?

I posted a while back that dh is a flirt... that's fine and dandy. I knew that going into the relationship. well today my friend (my only friend I might add) brought him a sandwhich and as a joke he called to me "hey babe, I might have to trade you in" I was offended. I still am. I told him I'm pissed and he apologized but I'm still mad and hurt. what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• your friend may feel wierd about it too...when i go to a certain friends house her hubby says weird shit to me...most of the time in front of her,she rolls her eyes,but i feel wierd.
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 11:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Why the hell is she bringing your man food? I would be hurt too, so I don't put myself in those situations. You need to let him know that you know he was joking but that wasn't cool and if you feel that women's intuition then get rid of the friend or get rid of your man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No, that is nothing to be hurt about, if you freak about small things like that then when the important stuff rolls around it will be too much on both of you, he had no idea it would hurt you, it was a joke and he apologized, drop it, dont bring it up again unless he does it again, otherwise will be too much pressure on the both of you, its things like that that cause unnessesary fights and pulls at a marriage
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 11:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• tell him you don't like him playing around like that, it's getting old. my dh likes to play around and flirt but stops when i tell him when its' enough. if my dh had said something like that, it would't have bothered me. it just depends on the trust you have and your relationship
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It sounds like you were right there when she brought the sandwich, but if she brought it to him while you're not home, or went out of her way etc, then I'd be upset but it sounds to me like he was joking around.
    You have to tell him how you feel and hope that next time he'll know not to joke like that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• what happened was she visited him at work and she had a sandwich and he was like what you didn't bring me one (like I said he's a flirt) so later in the evening she stopped by to see my 1 month old daughter and brought him one... a little weird if you ask me. I don't know why the comment hurt so bad. I guess part of its because of who she is. she flirts with him all the time and goes after married men. her 2 y/o baby's daddy is married and she is still trying break them up and get with this guy. like I said she's my only friend right now so if I right her off I'm sol. I just moved here and have been spending all my time with my kids. she's a neighbor and someone my hubby knew from before I moved here...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't think what your dh said, in and of itself, especially given his reaction to it when you told him it bothered you, is an issue. However I think your friend might be. There's a saying that goes with friends like these, who needs enemies. I think it applies in this case.

You say she's your only friend - well, honestly, you would be better off with no friend than one who, from the sounds of it, is going after your man and has a history of doing this sort of stuff. Not to mention that honestly, if nobody else there really knows you, that doesn't mean they don't know HER, and maybe the reason you aren't making other friends is because they know what she's like and figure if you two are hanging out a lot, either you're the same way or you're ok with it, and they don't want any part of it.

Ditch her as a friend and start joining some playgroups and stuff to get out and meet other women / moms with kids your age.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh, and if he does joke and say something like that again, then play it off - just laugh and say something to him back, like "yeah... In this economy, a lot of people are having to downsize and go for less (or, if she can hear, cheaper ;-) ) than they've been used to..."
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• personally something sounds fishy here. i would maybe keep an eye out on whats going on. i mean why is she visiting him at work in the first place? then she comes back to bring him a sandwich later? and she is some one your husband knew before? you also just said that she likes married men and is breaking up some one elses marriage. maybe your husband is totally innocent in this and she is just trying to feel good off the fact that she can tempt a married man away from some one else. or maybe they are both up to no good. you need to figure out who you can trust and whats really going on. goodluck!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Thats strange to me. Let someone bring MY man food unless its his mama....it'll be the last damn time she feeds anyone. I'd hem her up cuz to me, in this scenario, she started it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009