I am scared!!

My husband and i are fighting alot, he has been thinking about his ex, I don't want to get a divorce, What can i do to make him happy and keep him with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Happiness is only going to come when you get at the root of what is causing all the fighting. Just putting on a happy face and doing what you think your husband wants, is like putting a band aid on a broken arm, it just isn't gonna last long. My advice would be to look hard at yourself and try and figure out why you are fighting and then sit down with husband and try and figure out why he is and maybe come to terms. I hope things work out well for you, best of luck
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 11:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "If you love something, set if free. If it comes back to you, it was yours. If it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Tell him you've been thinking about your x lately too, since you ran into him at the store the other day...or something along those lines...men always think the grass is greener on the other side...let him know you're unhappy too and if he realizes that and sees a potential threat of losing you to another man..he's the one that's going to get scared and start spinnin his wheels tryin to fix things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Don't by any means start kissin his ass...you have the wrong mindset...that will only make you less desirable to him...let him see you have other men that have interest in you and he better step up to the plate or he might lose you...turn the tables on this before it's too late....walk around the house like the diva you you know you are...men respond to that...mine did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Read 'For Better or Best" by Gary Smalley. The book for men that goes with it is "If He Only Knew". Read both of them, but start with the one for the woman. It's going to be hard, because it's going to show you where you've probably made mistakes in your marriage and how to fix it, but it does the same for the guy in the guy's book, so it's not like he says it's all the woman's fault.

It saved my marriage. My dh was talking to his ex all long distance and we were both ready for a divorce, but these books really helped save our marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Marriage counseling. You two need to figure out how to communicate efficiently without all the emotion and drama of fighting. Fights are alright, but not to this point.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 6:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009