Mirena

I recently had Mirena put in and I was just wondering if anyone has had it and how well it works? I have a 2 month old and I really don't want to get pregnant for a couple of years.

Rowans_Mommy_09

Asked by Rowans_Mommy_09 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had some problems w it, but nothing too severe. i had way worse mood swings, and weight gain then on the pill, and had REALLLY bad pain when ovulating. but that was it. some people have worse side effects, some have none.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It works great I am on it.
    mommymae06

Answer by mommymae06 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• but you have to change it every 5 years!
    mommymae06

Answer by mommymae06 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• you're using a bc you know nothing about?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am on paragraud it last 10 years works fine for me, and it doesnt have any harmones in it. So i have normal periods I never got cramps or anything.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I did do reasearch on the internet, read the informational booklets and talked to my dr. I was just wonering about other peoples opinions on it. I would never get anything without doing research first
    Rowans_Mommy_09

Answer by Rowans_Mommy_09 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had a paragard IUD bc i didn't want hormones. My body rejected it says my gyno and it got lodged in my cervix. i think the gyno put it in wrong. really hurts if it gets lodged in your cervix. so demand an ultrasound if it becomes uncomfortable. don't let the doc refuse to believe you and make you live 3 months with an object lodged in your cervix. can you tell i hate my FORMER gyno.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009