ERF at 8 yrs old???!!!

Okay, so after doing tons of my own research and watching carseat crash test and all sorts of things I decided to erf my 3 and a half year old...she loves it! Now I also want to put my...did I say 8?...I mean 7 year old back into a 5-point harness ( i had him in a Safeguard Go 5 point harness until he was 5 or so) and he asks me "can I sit backwards too??" my safeguard wont do that it only works ff with a top tether. But I don't see the problem with it if I can find a carseat with the weight spec. Anyone else??

mfavelo

Asked by mfavelo at 11:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think you can get car seats shipped from Sweden that can rear face an 8 yr old, they extend rear face much longer then America. The car seats cost about $300-$400 (with shipping) but they are much safer. I think I have the link to the website, let me know if you want it.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2009