Sister didn't come to my daughter's birthday party!

My sister didn't show for my daughter's 4th birthday, didn't send her daughter or anything, She was hung over and never woke up or answered the phone. How would you deal with her now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i didnt talk to my mother-in-law for a while and i see her as a different person now..she didnt show up for my daughters 1st birthday instead she was fishing with her best friend
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• There might be something happened to her or her family. You should go to visit her and check if everything was fine. If there was nothing happened, just let it go this time but let her know you really miss her to be in the party.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• id be pissed. you need to tell her how you feel. my sister and i are very honest with eachother. she is your sister...
    in my opinion, when someone's kids are invited somewhere and the parents dont show or send the kid bc of something like a hangover, they are being very selfish. they are stealing good times from their children...
    if she had to work or something, that would be a different story, but sounds to me like you have a good reason to be mad.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• sounds like sis has her own personal problems and needs counseling. if she's too hung over to take her dd to a b-day party, then how well is she really taking care of her own child? if you're close enough to her tell her face to face she needs help and she really hurt you and your dd's feelings. if you're not that close then brush it off and move on since you probably don't see her much anyway.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 12:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Honestly, were you suprised?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• years ago when my girls were in grade school and would have christmas and spring plays...I would ask my sister to come along and bring her video camera

Her reply....."well I would but it cuts into my drinking time"

When I got married she said she would go only if her and her husband can have a cooler of "their" beer at the reception...they only drink, special ex

Not much you can do when your family causes hurt except move on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i would ignore the sister for a few months, and if she asked why, i would tell her. i feel bad for her daughter with a mom who gets drunk to the point of sleeping though family b-day the next day~
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My mom don't show up for alot of special times we have, but that is her loss. I don't say anything to her, even though i would like to. My mom is weird and that is her loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009