What do you think?

My 8 month old has been battling a cold/bronchiolitis for three weeks now. Took to doctors yesterday cause sounded like her breathing had gotten slightly worse (less rattling and more wheezing). We go yesterday and PA said she sounds better, but has ear infection. Today she had 3 bottles in last 20 hrs. and one jar of food which was thrown up. I called Dr. on call and she prescribed a steriod and to do her Neb. every two hours as needed. Tonight gave her steroid after bottle and antibiotic (I've done this before). She threw up everywhere. I called Dr. back and she said do steroid again and we did same thing threw up again. She is finally sleeping... what would you do wait till morning or go to emergency room. I feel like I am an annoying mother called Dr. constantly tonight. But poor thing cannot get comfortable (she started waking back up...).

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I know it sounds old fashioned but have you tried Vicks vapor rub?
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• children at this age get dehydrated so fast, who cares what other people think?I told I was being the crazy mom in january when my doctor on call told me my daughter would be fine, wait till monday. Something told me to go to the ER anyways, turns out she had salmonella. Not saying your child has something that extreme, but trust your mothers instinct. if not go to the hospital, just make sure she is keeping down fluids like pedialyte or gatoraide even popcycles.. i would stop the formula till you see the doc, as milk products make a weak tummy worse. good luck and I am praying for her.
    jessicacoda

Answer by jessicacoda at 1:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Keep calling and bugging the doctor. or er.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 3:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2009