Placenta ruptured

Hi, I had my son on 2 weeks ago. It was a scheduled c-section and during my pregnancy everythng was pretty good and normal. The day of my c-section during surgery my placenta ruptured and my son was without oxygen and the doc couldnt tell me for how long he was without oxygen. He's been in the hospital since than and is doing much better and leaving soon but i don't understand where everything went wrong and have been down about it...I don't want to get depressed but I can't understand what happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it happened to me at home my DD had little to no oxygen for about a half hour before they cut me open. She is hearing impaired but that has nothing to do with the rupture. She was just on oxygen for a day or so and she was fine (top of her class even with her hearing impairment) Just be glad it happened at the hospital because it is a very serious thing. The doctors kept telling me we were so lucky to survive. Thank goodness we lived so close to the hospital and ran all the red lights. I'm glad you are both doing good now. I was a mess thinking it would happen again with my 2nd DD I went through all the "what if's" in my head but it went perfect. My G grandma had this happen and lost that baby I never saw that lady cry and she bawled when I told her. If you want to PM feel free (it's not your fault unless you did coke or meth)
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• this sounds very off, did the placenta rupture during surgery? I'm sorry this happened to you and i think you should find out exactly what happened.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• That is awful! I am so sorry!!

From the little info you've provided, it seems that the doctor might be responsible.
    I encourage you to get a copy of your records asap.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009