Will Obama's Science Czar Holdren call for sterilizations & abortions on welfare recipients?

Holdren suggest this and even offers what he considers the Constitutional legality to support it in his book "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment." Holdren co-wrote the book with Paul and Ann Ehrlich.

From page 840 of the book: "There has been considerable talk in some quarters at times of forcibly suppressing reproduction among welfare recipients (perhaps by requiring the use of contraceptives or even by involuntary sterilizations).

Holdren has argued the U.S. Constitution would permit compulsory birth control methods, including involuntary abortions, government-imposed sterilizations and laws limiting the number of children permitted to be born as steps justified under the banner of "sustainable well-being."

There is no link because it is directly from Holdren's book. Sorry.

If you can read this book please do. This is a very very scary man.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He calls them compulsory government mandated abortions "GREEN abortions." They will be under the guise of preventing ecological disasters such as "global warming."

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• That really just gave me chills. I read a book once (fiction, thank god) when I was younger ( I can't remember the title) and it was about a child that was in hiding because the government only allowed families to have so many children so this child was illegal. That really reminds me of that. I think we have welfare for a reason and that's to help families who can't help themselves. If anyone waited until they were financially stable enough to have children, no one would ever have any.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They already practice this in China. It's communism, and that's exactly where BO wants to take our country. He's the scary one. I used to laugh when people called him the Antichrist...now, I'm not so sure they were all that wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What a scares me is this has nothing to do with money. It is all under the guise of global warming or climate change. I think this carries being green way to far.

I am sure some people will bash because there isn't a link. I am part of a "Nobo" book club and I borrowed it. It is just shocking. I can't imagine a real person thinking like this. This heinousness of his ideas is far beyond political parties imo.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• that wont happen. period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I dont think anyone will let that pass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• thats so unconstitutional its not even funny
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• All I have to say is Rep Senators: Ezra klien and Jeff Sessions.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• And I am not defending anyone, just pointing out that it is BOTH parties.
    urkiddingright

• Right pookioo, that's why BO is working so hard to DESTROY our Constitution! He's so stupid he actually thought that once he became *ahem* "president" people would bow to the lull of his voice.  I honestly believe he thought he'd be able to become instant dicktator (spelled that way intentionally). He became a "dick" alright, just not what he was expecting. This is why it's so important for Americans to resist and fight him at every turn. He's the type of creep that if you give him an inch he'll take a mile. He needs to go to China, Cuba, Iran or some other country that wants and accepts communism.  It'll never fly here.  Not if we can help it!  This is why we need to be sure we've got plenty of guns and ammo on hand.  Just in case.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009