Do you cuss?

If so, do you cuss in front of your children? (Don't lie). I know some of you would feel obligated to with all these "perfect parents" scolding you. lol. If you do has your child ever said one?
Please no bashing anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a sailors daughter, yes I cuss lol. And yes i've used bad language infront of my kids. Of course my kids have said bad words, nearly all kids do whether you do it or not. But when they got older I would explain that they are grown up words not to be used by little kids. My kids are 16 and 10 and they don't swear. Well i'm sure the 16 year old does on occasion when he's around his friends, but he watches his mouth around me and other adults
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I do occasionally, and yes I do in front of my daughter. She's 10 months so she has no clue, and I have gotten better about cussing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I've never ever cussed. UNTIL I was pregnant. I get so moody and frustrated I'll say "damnit" or something similar. I have dropped the eff bomb like twice since ive been pregnant. hehe it makes me feel better for some reason. but generally No I do not cuss
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i use to badly,i know youll think its funny but i asked God to help me,and he did, so no i havent in 10 years i refuse to even say im p.o i use the word d a r n it instead of the other one,my son is only 3 and i talk with no bad words around him or anyone at all.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• we swear all the time at our house...we do try hard to not swear in front of other peoples' children, unless of course their parents do it...then we exercise our freedom of speech. well one night SO and i were messing around and he said f*ck you, so i said f*ck you, then our son said "uck you, uck you!" we laughed so hard...i will not say its acceptable, but it was funny. he has never said it again.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I believe you BUSYLOVINGHIM. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lol. I'm the daughter of a Marine, and the wife of a retired Army soldier who's about to be reenlisting again. Yes... I cuss. I cuss MORE than my DH. :P
    My son is 15 months, and yes, I cuss around him. Chances are.. he'll hear it from everyone in our family. They're either military or just plain rednecks, as my inlaws gleefully call themselves.
    He'll probably cuss too, but damned if he'll be disrespectful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Brody, i'm like you. I don't cuss infront of those that I KNOW are offended by it and I can and do keep a lid on my language, cept when i'm driving, kind of impossible to do when there are so many jackasses on the road lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I do not cuss, although I used to have a horrible mouth. I always thought it was so cool to say all these horrible words, then I realized how dumb it really sounded. Most of the time, there isn't even a need for the word to be said, you just plop it in there. I really think that cussing is a lack of maturity, and a lack of communication. We should be able to express our words in such a way, that profanity isn't necessary. But, that's just my two cents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't cuss often and never in front of my son. My family is not big on cussing. We always changed words or made up new ways of cussing...like saying farking bastages or greasy penguins or alien scum. I even went as far as "holy chocolate starfish batman"! LOL! My brother uses "son of a monkey-lovin' biscuit eater"! And my sister says "son of a motherless goat"! What can I say? My family is full of odd ducks!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 12:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2009