how do you calm yourself down during a panic attack???PLEASE HELP!:(

Im 31 weeks and a couple days and today I felt really congested(sneezing,runny nose) I kinda feel like im getting sick...and I just started having a panic attack for no reason I feel a little shakey and my heart rates up and I feel kind of hot and cold...what should I do to calm myself down I just took a tylenol and half an anxiety pill....what else should I do???? and will the baby be okay cuz i took one tylenol and half an anxiety pill wich im not supposed to take cuz my doctor doesnt want the baby getting addicted

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take deep breaths and lay down. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Thats what worked for me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i pray and i tell myself theres no reason why i should be afraid and its gone.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I can never make myself breath during a panick attack... I take passionflower...it's a calming herb, it does wonders...also calcium and a huuuge glass of water does the trick for me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• -THANK YOU for answering my question it made me feel better
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No half an anxiety pill won't get the baby addicted and tylenol is fine to take during pregnancy. But I would talk to your doc about your anxiety. I really wished I would have when preggers with my daughter.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am assuming you have a panic attack where you hyperventilate. Tylenol although you feel like you are doing something has no effect -- but hey you are panicking right? Breathe fast in you get too much oxygen, not enough carbon dioxide in your system and panic attacks occur. Your heart races and you cannot catch your breathe. Take a small paper bag, or a plastic shopping bag, roll the bag up to make it smaller, cup tightly around your mouth and nose and breathe in and out. the bag will fill up with exhalations and you will start breathing in more carbon dioxide than oxygen and it will reverse. Put your mind in the mood of field and flowers, think of field and flowers or anything that will calm you down, and keep your nose in that bag. Carry a bag with you. The same effect can be produced by holding your breathe, and relaxing but most people panicking cannot hold their breathe, and relax. It's ok mama! good luck!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• have you tried aroma therapy? Carry Lavender oil in your purse so you can have it when ever you need it. Dab it on your wrists and behind your ears. Sniff it off your wrists. breath deep. you can even rub some into your belly in a big circle around the baby. this will help calm the baby too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009