• In the Spotlight:

Are there any words that bug you for no good reason?

I hate the word titties or tits. I had it when people say treat. Like "let's have a treat." instead of snack or whatever. I also had it when my sister tells her son give this to your cousin instead of using his name. I know it's dumb! I guess everyone has issues...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Bagel and Moist. Just say bagel a few times and you'll understand why. Moist is just icky. I don't know why! lol
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hate the word weiner. It's so stupid! It also bugs the crap out of me when kids call their grandma "Nana" ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• AHH I hate the words tits and titties too (my husband says it all the time, but he has been getting better)...and I am not one to get offended easily, so it's not that. I also hate the words sneakers and panties. I don't know why...I just say tennis shoes and underwear.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Haha! I love the word weiner!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hahaha. No, there's honestly no words that bother me. What does is when people say it differently. I know there are still "south" and "north" pronunciations, but, I've encountered very few people who pronounce it the way my MIL does. Not even HER mother pronounces it that way, or any of her siblings.
    Like.. she says Program - Pro gruhm.
    Italian - EYE TAIL ian
    Computer - Calm pew tour
    And... a few other things.
    I know.. tomayto - tomatoh... (I think it sounds better out loud... lol)

But for some godawful reason, it gets on my nerves. Sometimes, I honestly think she tries to sound more "texan" than what she actually really is. lol. Because.. like I said, her siblings and her mother does not pronounce it that way. Nor her sons and hubby. *shrugs*
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I absolutely cannot stand the word panties. I can't say it, I don't like to hear it, and I don't know why. To me it sounds so dirty, and I know it's not, but still....Just don't like the word. LOL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• nana is spanish for "grandma" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When people say "warsh" instead of wash... LOL I guess I just dont get why they throw the "r" in there...
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I absolutely hate the words "yonder" and "reckon". Such as , "I reckon it's over yonder". UGH! I live in South Arkansas so I hear these two words a lot. Why can't people just say, "over there" or "over here" instead of yonder and say "I guess" or "I think" instead of reckon.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Ok I have said bagel over and over. I still don't get it. lol Except I probably sound dumb repeating "bagel" over and over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009