in NY how can i go about getting my son an evaluation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• for what and where in ny r you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Depends on your school district's policies. Where we are, you must put it in writing and be sure to include why you want it done. Then they have 30 days to respond to the request. There are both state and federal guidelines they must follow. You can also ask your peditrician to recommend an outside evaluation first and then present the findings with your request. If you need more help feel free to contact me. I have been through the process and currently have a child who is still receiving services. Good luck!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• In my school district I just called the resource office and set up an evaluation for my son. All I had to do was tell them why I felt my son needed an evaluation.
    Try calling your district office first and ask them who you need to call for whatever evaluation you would like for your child. Good Luck
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009