Do Your kids ever sleepwalk?

Our 11 yo DD. has been doing this off and on for years, she went outside twice when she was younger, We have asked our DR. but He wasnt much help, last week she walked naked to the kitchen and peed on a chair and was assleep at the table when I woke up. I just wondered if other children do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i used to sleep walk. My Mom said I would go outside too. I never peed or anything like that. I was watching my little cousin overnight once and she slept walked into my room and watched me for like 10 minutes. I was asking her if she was okay or scared or if anything was wrong... Haha she just stared at me. It was super creepy
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My almost 9 year old was sleeping on the couch for what I heard and seen he got up walked to the kitchen pulled his pants down and peed all over our kitchen floor ! When I heard comotion downstairs I walked in to my other kids laughing histerically and my nephew cracking up because he caught it on video. My son tried doing it again and I carefully redirected him to the bathroom!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My younger Sister used to sleepwalk too and once walked into the living room naked and layed down on the sofa and fell back to sleep, and We had company staying over too.
    heathersmomm500

Answer by heathersmomm500 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son, who is 10 - does sleep walk, but nowhere near as often as he use to. Luckily he never went outside or anything like that. I found answers from our nutritionist of all people. Depending on diet, the brain will stay very active during its sleep patterns... feed foods, in the evenings, that contain tryptophan. Peanut Butter, Bananas - etc - We incorporate these foods in the evenings, and have had great success, don't know if it works for everyone, but it did for my son. The less processed sugar before bed time the better...  Good Luck!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My 4 year old walks and talks in his sleep. In fact last night he came into my room crying that he wanted his mommy when i tried to have him climb in my bed i noticed he was wet and he was still saying he wanted his mommy. I didn't realize he was not awake until i asked my husband what was wrong with him. My husband informed me that he has seen our son sleep walk before. I wanted to cry because e kept saying he wanted mommy and i was right there. I let him climb into bed with me anyway and he woke up a couple minutes later saying he wanted to go to bed. I looked up some information on kids who sleep walk and its says that sleepwalking can occur when a child has a full bladder (witch sounds like your case) or has wet the bed (witch is what happened in my case) Perhaps we need to make sure our children use the bathroom before bedtime.

sugarmamaofbmb3

Answer by sugarmamaofbmb3 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009