Why should I kick her out of my bed!?!

I love having my daughter around me at all times-and night is no different. Right now she's 6 months and she's slept with me since she was born. I hear from a lot of people that its bad and I'll regret it later because she wont ever want to sleep alone. Anyone have experience with this, good or bad?

Bernie19

Asked by Bernie19 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sleep with my DS (15mos) and I don't have a problem with it. We both sleep better at night because of it. SO wants him in his own bed, but he's not the one BF so his opinion doesn't count!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have 11 years worth of experience lol, we have 3 kids and all were in our bed matter of fact my 5 y/o is sleeping in my bed right now (she has a nasty cough and i want her close by) For me it has been a great experience, I loved feeling my babies cuddle up next to me, i loved them waking up in the morning and giving me hugs and kisses (even now my daughter has to give us both a morning hug and kiss or the day cannot start ) Did my sex life suffer? I am sure there was a time or two that it would have been nice to have an empty bed but we still managed to keep having kids so it didnt suffer badly enough to hamper anything. Your sex life gets a little creative lol and hey thats good for your marriage anyhow right? DO I have any regrets? nope not a one, I wouldnt trade those years for anything. My kids were in their own beds by age 3 and it was fairly easy to get them excited about a toddler bed and new bedding of their own :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lol so true Vero BF was so much nicer with baby in the bed and we slept so much better.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my son is one and he's slept in my bed since he was born. He will occaionally sleep in his toddler bed but i'm not forcing it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my dd is now 2 1/2 and srill sleeping in my bed. i cant sleep without her. sure sex life suffers somewhat..but like the pp said you just get creative!but anywho i really love cosleeping. i dont regret it what so ever.its great if a baby can be independent enough to slep on their own but i think they sleep longer and better if cuddled next to their momma:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• All three of mine slept in our bed. And all three now sleep on their own, no problems. The youngest is 3.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I was so horribly scared of my baby suffering from SIDS that I wanted him to sleep next to me so I could monitor his breathing and 9 months later he is still sleeping in our bed. lol
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I slept with my dd from the time she was newborn to 2 mos. I would have loved to pull her in our bed but my marriage means just as much to me as my dd does! I love my DH very much and his wish was we wouldn't bring kids in our bed which I agree with (when they are older anyhow). I feel you put a baby in the middle and they will seperate your marriage esp when you put what you want before your husband. Our marriage is perfect, we talk EVERYTHING out... and fight only about where to have sex next (bedroom, couch, in the fridge, on the porch). It's a respect thing in our house and dd is welcome if she has nightmares or is sick but otherwise it's her own bed! DD is my world, but so is my DH! Without him, I wouldn't have her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i feel the same way as cappy1979 does....my oldest is 27 months and she still is sleeping in my bed and my 2 month old sleeps with me as well......i am trying to get my oldest daughter in her own bed shes done is so far two nights in a row so its going great....i woke up to my oldest when she was a baby and she was so stiff the doctors said it was a good thing i woke up when i did or she wouldnt be here today..thats the main reason why i keep my girls close....that was a terrifying night
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my 15month old has been sleeping with me since birth,there for a few months we would sleep on the coutch becouse she would roll into me on our bed so i had to wait til she weighted more.sometimes i dont get any sleep,but i feel safer with her next to me,dont plan on her going to her own bed until she is 3,then her own bedroom around5
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009