playard or crib...

I have a 2 year old daughter, and a son due in January. Now my question is I only have a 2 bdr apartment and Im trying to figure out how I should arrange the rooming situation. I still have the crib from when my daughter was a baby, but she sleeps in that bed, it's one of those lifetime converter 3-1 things. I thought of maybe getting a playard for the boy to put in my room, and have him sleep in the bassinett part for the first few months. That way, I wont have to buy another bed for her, and he can be close to me for the middle of the night feedings and wont wake her up with newborn crying. I just dont know if it's supposed to be not safe or what....any suggestions?

mzhazelrae313

Asked by mzhazelrae313 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What about a co-sleeper? I was going to get one but my brother made me a crib so I cancelled the order. The one they sell at Babies R Us is the mini (I think) and if you go online you'll find the larger one that also turns into a playard.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter has been sleeping in the bassanet part of her pack and play for since we had her 6 weeks ago. She loves it and it is really great having her next to me when she wakes up in night. I got the idea from my best friend who had her son sleep in his pack and play til he was able to start rocking it and she thought he could tip it over.
    mandarellee

Answer by mandarellee at 2:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They also make mini cribs which I don't think are any larger than a pack n play... and it might be more comfortable and last a little longer.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10669955&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10669955
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would go with the pack and play to put in your room, its reliable, easy for storage, travels great, lasts a long time. Make sure it comes with the bassinet, because some dont.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009