So you hear and see on the news people saying "we're taking america back!"

My question is, taking it back from who and taking it back to where? or should I say when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First let me say - to me this is not about Obama. Bush created some really big government when he was in office and the current administration is just running-a-muck. We have a bunch of senators who seem to have forgotten that they are supposed to work for the people not the special interest groups. For example, I'm beginning to believe that the health care mess isn't getting settled because every one of those senate rats are trying to protect their pocket linings. They'd rather take the cost for anything they do out of our pockets just so long as they keep getting the fringe benefits and kickbacks from the lobbyist. For me Taking America Back is about realizing just how big government has gotten and pushing back to get them under control. I don't have all the answers, no one person ever could, but I know corruption when I see it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ok pacemyself- i really like how you put that- but i must ask- why push back now? I really dont remember seeing this much opposition when prez Bush was in office and even with Clinton- now im not saying there wasn't any- but it wasn't as in your face as it is now- why is it that all of the sudden all of these wackos are coming out of the wood work to "take America back" now but they weren't then? and how come we are seeing all these tea parties now but we didn't see them then?

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• LOL, I don't know who we are getting it back from either.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 2:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• taking it back from who? From BIG government and special interest groups.

or should I say when? Back to when the Constitution meant something! Back to when the government knew their place. Back to when average Joes (farmers, teachers, etc. etc.) were Congress not ex-lobbyists, lawyers, Big Corp owners, and people with not so hidden agendas.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Going back to what our union was supposed to be, "Of the people, by the people, for the people" not serving special interest groups and renegade, crooked politicians! BO claims fondness for Abraham Lincoln, he better start ACTING like him. Lincoln wanted liberty, FREEDOM FROM government, not bondage by it.  BO wants socialism - communism.  He's a far cry from anything Lincoln stood for.  He needs to GO!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• in my opinion, i think that some people just can't get with the fact that there is a black president running the country and even though all that oppose Obama aren't racist- I do think that most of them are- and I believe thats why they have a problem with any and everything he says and does- the party of no is always saying no to everything he does no matter what it is- and I am tired of them always trying to control him like he is a puppet- and trying to make him out to seem like a bad president so that in the future people might think twice before electing another black man
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OMG! There's that damn race card again! Can't you people find something else to say? That is the most over used, and tired rhetoric I've ever heard!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OP here- What makes you think that President Obama is bringing in Communism?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Because we all got caught with our pants down, so to speak. We were clocking along, biding our time till Bush II left office and we looked up to find that what this administration inherited was a mess, yes, but that immediately they went to work making big government even bigger. It's not so hard to understand - the people who are pushing back now is because now they have reached their breaking point. Just like anything, any time in life, when you've had enough, you've had enough. And a bunch of people have had enough. Asking why this didn't happen 'then' is pretty moot at this point. It should have , but thank goodness it is finally happening. We may never completely recover from Bush-antics but we also can't afford any longer to do nothing while Obamanomics makes it worse.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lovely, he IS A BAD so called "president." Don't you get it...it wouldn't matter if the man were pink with bright green polka dots...WE DON'T LIKE HIS POLICIES. WE CAN'T WON'T STAND FOR HIS IDEOLOGIES!  He's a trainwreck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009