Breasts leaking at 19 weeks?!

This is my first pregnany and I was just wondering if this is normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I thought that the breasts were not supposed to leak until after the baby was born.

armanaqueen630

Asked by armanaqueen630 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think its normal, ive heard of this happening a few times to women really early. If it continues to happen all the time I'd speak to the doctor about it, but im not sure its something you should be concerned about... Just a little bit uncomfortable,
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes colostrum i hear leaks as early as 16 weeks, i don't notice actual leaking but just white spots on my nipple in the shower
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am 24 weeks and mine have been leaking since about 17 weeks. thankfully really only after i take a shower. but i did ask my doc and she said it's normal. some women leak early others don't. I totally thought that wasn't supposed to happen until after the baby was born, too.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes it's normal it's colostrum i have been leaking since 16 weeks just waiting too see how bad it is when the milk actually comes in im 38wks now should be fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009