what type of foods do you feed a 16month old. my lil boy is very picky.

dorey13

Asked by dorey13 at 2:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my lil one loves madetrain oranges,ramon noodles,cheetos,raisins,strawberries,cheese,crackers,cookies,green beans,corn,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• you cook if they dont eat thats their problem as long as it soemthing healthy and filling then they need to learn to eat whats on the plate or you will be cooking 2 meals forever
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't think at 16 months they are old enough for the "eat what we serve or don't eat" rule, which we do in our house just not that young. My son loves whole wheat pasta and ravioli, whole grain waffles (spread with all fruit "jelly" if he wants something sweeter), sweet potatoes (which you can sprinkle with a little cinnamon), blueberries, grilled cheese sandwiches, french toast, scrambled eggs, mac n cheese, strawberries, grapes (quartered), and flavored applesauce (we get the Healthy Harvest with no added sugar)

Answer by missanc at 8:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I enforce the you don't eat you go hungry rule. Luckily only once and at 14 1/2 mos. It has been almost a week and I haven't had any issues since. She eats what is given to her or she gets no snacks and we try it again when she is hungry again. I then offer it for a few more days that way we don't have this problem again. Some might think that this is harsh but I believe that if you can win the battle over food then you can win any battle with you child. I will always stand firm in what I believe she can and can't do. I believe that they need to eat what you cook for them. Some meals we have she can't eat and we do give something else. She can't eat anything with red sauce so she gets something special.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• that is mean to make a child eat something they dont want to,mabe they dont like the tasteand to make them go hungry until they eat it is mean.they are way to young to understand anything like that.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We make one meal for our almost two year old. Usually it is the same thing we eat, unless we are eating something really spicy or something he is allergic to. Doctors recommend this, as well. Many times children may not like veggies, but they have to eat them to get their nutrients. We make something we know our son will like. He really likes all foods, except for broccoli. On nights when we eat broccoli, we still give him a couple pieces and every now and then he will eat it if he is still hungry after eating the rest of his food. Because of this practice, I feel he eats a better balanced meal and doesn't thrive only on one type of food because he likes it so much.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009