how do i know if im in the early stage of labor or if these are just the aches and pains from walking around?

last time i was mistakin...
i thought i was just over doing it but then my next dr's appointment they told me i was dilated 2 cm and that i was probably having real contractions and real early labor symptoms...

i was walking around for a couple of hours today but nothing big and now my hips and low back are throbbing in pain (3 hours after coming home and resting) i think shes lower cause i feel sharp pressure on my rectum and vaginal bone area type of thing... contractions are pretty moderate right now and are coming at a steady pace of about 8 minutes apart about a half an hour ago she was really kinda active a franticky and now shes calmed down a whole lot...no bloody show yet like last time but this isnt quite as severe as last time either... the pain is starting to pregress more as time flys by as well... so are the contractions...and i feel jolts of pain "down there" when the contractions come along...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go to the emergency room anyway. Even if it's nothing atleast you will know. But that does sound like labor to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• im also having pains down in there like as if i just had sex but i havnt! it kinda feels like i was stretched or tore open a little bit down there even though i wasnt all kinds of weird sharp pains down there right now its very weird...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had the same problem that you did. I was having very light fluttering pains on a tuesday morning, but I got sent home because the baby didn't want to make any movements for the fetal monitor. I was fine all that day until about 8pm that night I was feeling sharp back cramps, I wasnt sure if they were false pain or not, so I waited until the contractions were getting closer together. It was kind of a "wave" of back cramps. I went in again Wed morn and my son was born 9:48pm that night. I don't remember the pain down there too much though.....is it kind of like a dull ache or a really tense pinching feeling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• its a pinchy feeling and it only comes around with the contractions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The only advice I can give is to go and get it checked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would deffinately go and get checked out, it sounds like labor. Call the doctor first and see what he thinks most likely he'll tell you to go to the er.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 4:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• if you can still concentrate on typing then you arent in full on labor but you may be in the early stages
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 7:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes..the waves of back pain are a sure sign. One of my babies was all back pain, not radiating to the front till I was well into my labor. And what Kimra says..LOL if you can concentrate on typing...............it's early yet..LOL Just be careful...that back labor I had? I went to hospital around 2am..and baby was born at 2:57am!
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OP here well its early morning and all my symptoms are still the same and going pretty steady... i dont understand it feels like it could be early labor but nothing has progressed since last night! well dr's appt at 11 am this morning thanks everyone for your help ill keep ya'll updated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OP here said id keep yall updated well dr saw me today and she checkd me did the usual routine asked me about my symptoms and as i was telling her what i said above^^^ she couldnt find the babys head and kept trying to feel for her and said "no wonder you were in so much pain she must have slid down another station shes right here veerrrryyy low and ill be suprised if you dont have her before our next appt next frieday" so excited!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009