Army son in Europe just said his barrack is in lockdown..

Forgive me if posting in wrong place..I just got an Instant message from my son in army stating his barrack was on lockdown.Can anyone please advise if this a standard procedure or something more serious could be happening.. We are new to the military. Weird question with great worry and concern..Thanks for help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• the barracks can be on lockdown for a number of reasons. They may be doing like fire drills, someone could have gotten in trouble and every one else is getting punished for it. some one could have gotten hurt. Im thinking its probably a training excersize.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If he is in a war zone worry about the lock down. If he's on a base in like Germany the lockdown is probably due to a disciplinary action. One guy gets in trouble and the whole barrack is punished.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• IDK...but I'm not sure this is something you should be posting on line. There is something called OPSEC and basically you keep info private.
    here is a link if you dont know what it is.
    http://www.army.com/articles/item/3305
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hope all that replied to my question see this...Thanks to all 3 that answered presently. It turned out to be something minor. In reply to abbynzachsmommy..I was aware of being cautious of posting too much info....loose lips sink ships...I thought I was flying under the radar in broad generalization of Europe and not posting using my name since my sons pics are there. Anyway I do appreciate the article you posted and want nothing more than to keep our men and women safe as possible..I had never seen that article and so glad you posted it for me...Thanks to all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009