To go or not to go that is the question.

I haven't been to my catholic church since i was 21 years old about 4 years ago, since then they have changed preachers or fathers whatever you want to call them, my son is 6 months old and i don't think they have a nursery at my catholic church, however my sister in law and brother are quaker and they do have a nursery at there church, I wanted to know are there lots of catholic churches out there with nurseries, or do you just take your child with you and pray that he doesn't make a sound? I really want to get back into going to church, so my question is do you think it would be horrible to go to a diffrent church just because my church doesn't offer a nursery? We are praying to the same god rite?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 4:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not think it would be a bad thing. Pray to God and God will guide you :) God bless!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Is it a big deal if a kid does start crying in a catholic church??? (I'm not catholic obviously) if it is take him to a different church, i think that you need some spirituality in your life.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• im a catholic and we never had a nursery at ours either...what i usually did with my dd was sit towards the back of the church and then i would take her out in the hallway when she acted up and talk to her......i havent been to church since november and im trying to figure out when the services are here on post.........but this time i wont have family their to help and my husbands not a church person so its all me and the kids right now since hes deployed but try sitting towards the back and people will understand that kids dont like sitting still at that young of age and they get to talking away well not really talking but making a bunch of noises...good luck
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 5:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Take the child. Take a bottle or of you nurse make it easy so noone knows what you're doing.So what if they let a little scream out once in while. But if he getws out of hand take him out settle him down go back in. My grand son is that age. He just found out how fun it is to let out screams. So Last Sunday he did right during Father's homily, Without missing a beat Father says , see he agrees with me. GS also loves church. he sits there and as people go by he justs smiles at them and they all say hi. Children are a blessing to see them in Church is another.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Hinder not the children to come unto me for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. For whosoever can not humble himself as the child has no place with me....
    Seems to me Jesus loved the children, whatever state they came in.. if a church has issues with children being children then I have issues with the church. I think WHERE EVER you can find your time with God and expose your child to that peace and serenity is a good thing... denomination is not biblical, Jesus said he came to make us ALL the church one body, one unified body...
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 7:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Singedwingangel... that was beautiful. I agree. Even as a Pagan, I agree with you that Jesus would ABSOLUTELY want them in there, even screaming!!! He would understand and would not want to see them excluded for behaving like, ..well, children.

NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• we have a cry room. I don't use it I tjust take the kdis with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Worshipping God is just that Worship. Dosnt matter ONE hoot WHICH church you go to. Religion was created by Man, NOT God. God only care that you give Him his due. And you can go to any church or NO church at all and still Worship God.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Honestly it's not the littlest ones that can be a problem. As our children started to get mobile, is when I would hear the Homily from the back of the Church. Only because they would start to play with the kneelers. *BANG* I had one try to run up to the Alter, While older Brother was serving. No need to punish for this behaviior for after all they are just being toddlers. Even When they were at this stage they loved to go to Mass. Still do. Also don't worry about the the old fuddy duddies. You will get the look of oh no a baby, but then you get that in resturants also. Have pity on them for they forget what it's like to have these wonderful little blessings.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Our church has had a nursery on and off - it depended on whether or not there were people willing to volunteer to staff it. And our church does have a cry room where a parent can take a crying child and still see and hear the Mass through a window. But I've also going to churches with my children that didn't have these and I just sat in the back in case I had to take them out - but it wasn't bad at all.

Someone once told a story about when she apologized to a priest after Mass becuase her children were a bit disruptive and the priest said it was not problem, she should keep bringing them because Jesus told her to it! ("Let the little children come to me" - Matt. 19:13-15)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009