so my due date was yesterday....

and i wake up this morning to the baby moving quite a bit, yet still no signs of labor. she has been resting very high and hasn't really dropped much yet. could that be what's going on? she's been pretty quiet for a couple days but all of a sudden has seemed to flip positions. is this normal or should i be worried?

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 5:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The due date is not a magical date you will be guaranteed to be going into labor. Especially your first. The average first pregnancy lasts 41 weeks and 1 day. So you should not be worried in the least. As annoying as this is going to sound, I'm going to say it, "It will be over soon! Enjoy this last little bit!" I know you're anxious to meet your baby and that the last two weeks feel like eternity, but I promise as soon as she's born, time is going to zoom by.

The only time you should be worried is if she STOPS moving. If she does stop, first DON'T PANIC, go drink some orange juice or something, then get on your bed. Lie on your left side and just count every little kick or movement. It should be 10 in 2 hours, but most doctors will tell you to try it again if it doesn't happen the first time (go for a walk or something, then eat something sugary and try again). Then if it happens again, I would call the doctor.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 5:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• maybe the flipping is her fetting ready for labor...i wouldnt worry...also due dates are just a guess, they can be a few weeks off unless you know the exact day you conceived...my baby came at 42 weeks and 1 day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• sounds normal to me. don't worry your baby will come out in the next 2 weeks! congrats, almost there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm 41 weeks today and several days ago my baby had a VERY "movey" period for about an hour. Baby is still in the same position, but apparently got the urge to stretch a lot or something that night. Lol.

Everything sounds fine and normal to me!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ahhh! thanks girls! i just want my baby! i've felt like garbage for 9 months and everyone keeps saying oh it's not going to be any easier once she arrives! but i figure, at least i won't feel so nauseous and yucky..lol! thanks again! this site always help me with piece of mind, since it is my first baby :)
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2009