children taking showers with parents

so this little girl went to preschool and told her teacher how she took a shower with her father and now he is getting in trouble for it..do you think its wrong for him to get in trouble for it or not?personally i think its alright if a little girl takes showers with her mom and little boys take showers with their dads but a girl taking a shower with her dad im not so sure about.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son went in the shower with me until he was probably about 3. Honestly it was a matter of convenience...but it STOPPED the first time he said "mommy, you have big boobies", lol
    While they are really little I dont see a problem with it... until they start noticing a difference between girls and boys bodies.
    My daughter is 20 months and she showers with her daddy (and me) quite often.
    As for the father getting in trouble....its a shame. I can see why the daycare workers reacted, but it is sad that everyone automatically thinks there is something "dirty" going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Preschool? She is still a little girl. True it is probably time for daddy to stop taking showers with her, but if that is all he has done, it is ridiculous that he is getting in trouble. Besides, if he is in trouble with the law, he is going to be labeled a sexual predator and have to register!! That's crazy and wrong.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Asian culture does this with regularity...It's only in the grand USA that we look down upon it and put something sexual to it
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They are too old when they start commenting on your body parts. Yes I think it's wrong. People always think the worst first.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i think there is nothing wrong with it (assuming the child isnt molested in the shower of course!) my 4 yr old boy will get in the shower with me on the weekends, i look down and there he is, naked and getting in the shower stall, who cares?? so they will know the anatomy of the other gender... why is that a bad thing??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't necessarily think that it is a bad thing. But if they are old enough to take a bath on her own. My LO I tried to put in the shower with Daddy a few weeks ago to save time and she stared at Daddy. She was 14 mos old and I decided that it wasn't a good idea and pulled her out. I don't think that the dad should be punished for trying to make life go a little more smoothly at home.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wow, thats awful. Why would he get in trouble when he didnt do anything wrong?

There is nothing wrong with taking a shower with your kids. My DH takes showers with DD who is in preschool, but he wears shorts because he feels uncomfortable.

Hmm, how is it any different than a mom extended breastfeeding at age 4?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter has never bathed w/my DH because he is not comfortable with it. I've tried to get him to put his swim trunks on and get in the tub just to have the experience, but he refuses. My DD does get in the tub and shower with me. I think once a child is old enough to start verbalizing the difference in body parts then the co-ed bathing should stop.
    lvaughn26

Answer by lvaughn26 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my dd takes showers with me and she 4 no i wouldnt allow her to take a shower with hubby if baby # 2 ends up being a boy i will probably take showers with him intill he can take them by himself as of right now we dont have a tub all we have a shower stall...but as far as the dad is getting in troublel i think its a crock if there is nothing else going on...maybe he just didnt realize how growen up his little girl is getting
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think it's wrong for a little girl to shower with daddy. Or little boy with mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009