CNA

hi!!! im thinking about getting my CNA......I have my med assistant cert, but im having trouble finding a job (economy) Anyway, my friends r trying to talk me out of it ,,,,,,hard work ,heavy lifting ,,na na na , but ,,,im thinking hospitals,,etc,,,,,doesnt has to be "a nursing home"..what do you think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, you don't always have the luxury of being able to work wherever you want so you may need to work in a nursing home. Which really isn't all that bad, it's no worse than working in a hospital. The nice thing about Certified Nursing Assistants is that they sometimes get to do things like taking vital signs so they're trained for it, and that kind of training can be employed later if you decide to continue your education and become an LVN, RN or more.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't understand why you would do this. CNA's normally do not make as much as CMA's. And the work is nastier.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I say good for you that your trying so hard to improve yourself and get a etter job. Ignore your friends. Only you can decide whats best for you in your life as your friends dont pay your bills now do they? With a CNA you can even move to a different state to find good paying work once certifyed.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• CNA's are always in demand, I was one for years. It is hard work, if you work days you will assist with meals and showering, if you do overnights (which I did), you will do rounds every 2 hours. It is more common than not that CNA's work in nursing homes, I have not seen them as much in a regular hospital. You will be trained to do vitals and other things, which can be good experience. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I used to be a CNA.I did not like it.You do all the heavy work.Can I talk you into getting your LVN degree.Then going back to get your RN license.

monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 7:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009