What should i do?

I've been having some problems with resentment towards my husband. I often feel like i have to lie to my parents about decisions he makes and the way he is. He often makes statements about what he's going to do like "we're going to do this and I don't care how much money it costs" or he'll tell me what I'm going to do. like i'll say i'm going for a walk and he'll be like "no your not" and when I try to argue with him he tries to make me feel guilty for leaving our baby to go on a walk. I don't want to resent him but this is driving me crazy. I don't feel this is a healthy relationship, any advise???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Id talk to hubby and try and figure out why he has such controll issues. He also sounds like he needs financial counseling to learn that the " I dont care how much it costs were doing it anyways" attatude is hurting you both and he needs to learn responsibilities and priorities first. He may also be afraid of having to watch the baby which is why you can go for a wlak alone. Take baby in a stroller with you if he's like that. Either way the two of you need todo some serious talking or these problems will only get worse.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Your relationship is between the 2 of you, so you don't need to lie to your folks about anything. It is not any of their business what happens in your family unless you are asking them to pay your bills. As far as him making you feel guilty, don't let him! You probably take care of the baby the majority of the time, and deserve a break now and then. I would get ready for your walk, go to the front door and say, "I'm going for a walk!", open the door and go, no time to argue. He needs to understand that you need time to yourself, sit down and tell him this if you feel that he would be responsive. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• the only reason i talk to my parents so much about him is i don't really have anyone else to talk to. I had friends before him but they all sort of disalpeared and now when I try to get in touch with any old friend he usually guilts me for wanting to hang out with them OR gets involved and starts talking to them more than me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009