my daughter

my 10 yr old daughter seems to want me around at all times.i have been trying to give her ,her own space but i leave then when i come back she calls me to where she is.the other day at practice she wanted me to stay the whole time.i was the only mom there.i am trying to cut the umbiblical cord a little.she roams in our room in the night.very concerned as to what i am doing at all times..whats going on with her?and what can i do?

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 7:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Could something be going on with her at school? Have you and her been this close always? Maybe she is getting ready to start her period. You may be complaining now but when she is a teen she will not want anything to do with you. Talk to her and see if everything is ok with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It sounds like she is feeling very insecure about something. Instead of trying to push her away a bit, embrace it, talk to her, you may find out what is going on! Then after she may be willing to be a bit more independent! When she is 13 you will want this back! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• she has been haing problems with her friends...but no real big deal(i thought)i put her in cheerleading which nobody in her school is in for her to make new friends...the girls in her school are all in travel soccer she didnt make it.its a very competitive school.not private..the girls are very aggressive though.so i thought i would put her in something more low key with other girls..well she still doesnt seem to be making other friends...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• maybe take her to a kids consulor?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• she's probably feeling very insecure with friends and in school and just wants to be secure in one area of her life, which happens to be you. I don't think now is the time to push cutting the umbilicul cord!! otherwise she might stray to the wrong type of crowds. being a girl and not fitting in at this age can be devistating for the wrong personality
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• hmm all good answers.....i think i will go towards her not away you guys are probly right...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009