picture day,a little eye liner & a 9yr old...

i'm thinking REALLY DEAR? but would it really have hurt anything? HUGE WAR HERE THIS AM!

tntornado45

Asked by tntornado45 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Stand firm... it starts small and grows. 9 is too young for eye liner. They need boundaries and things to look forward to. UGH- they start this stuff too early.. good luck Momma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i would say NO shes too young! but im sure it wouldnt hurt anything if u do decide to let her. she isnt doing it for any wrong reason she just wants it for the picture. but then again if its for the pic she will want it for other stuff too so u do have think about that too.. YOu could make a deal with her let her wear it if she cleans the dishes or something lol idk i dont have a 9 yr old. sry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I just let mine wear a little lip gloss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• WHY IS EVERYONE ANON?
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 9 as are all of her friends, I don't know of any one of them that is wearing make-up. I think that 9 is way too young to start. you ask if it really would have hurt anything? It wouldn't hurt anything or anyone but may start a pattern that you just don't want to begin at this young age. It is possible also that her school may have rules against make-up before a certain age. I would sit down and explain to her why you think that she's too young for make-up, and set an age with you and your dh that you will allow it to begin.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I always post anon on everything :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• whatever ~ to the one that stood up (anon) and said my dd would look like a whore are you for real or do you just spew your non informational comments on everything?your lack of wisdom is depressing to a point.if you can't really help a situation please stop showing your ignorance.I can see why YOU would go anon.

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My dd is 8 and I would never consider letting her wear eyeliner anytime in the next, oh, 5 years or so! She is WAY too young, but you do need to talk to her and find out why she thinks she needs it. Make sure it isn't a self esteem issue.

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i think the child just wanted to show of her eyes & make a pretty picture the more i think about it, she has beautiful green eyes & wanted to high lite them a little, she also straighteners her hair, brushes her teeth ALL the time & is actually a very pretty girl.she just cares what she looks like to herself. she takes better care of herself than some grown women i've seen.she's also a vegetarian she just cares about her body, so sry i asked but i think i'll monitor her make up choices & yes let her wear a lil lip gloss & some eye liner for special occasions ...

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Not at 9.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 12:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009