Feds probe US Census worker hanging in Kentucky ?

First of all it is VERY sad what happened to this man and we should pray for his family or keep them in our thoughts.

Secondly..notice yet again the media trying to demonize tea party Americans?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I didn't get that from the article. Many people do not understand the need for the census and how the data is used. This year the Census bureau is GPS mapping ALL addresses which is very disturbing to many Americans. I worked this year for the Census Bureau address canvanssing. ALthough I didn't have anything bad happen to me, I did run into a few jerks. A few of my team mates had dogs sicked on them. One was bitten. A gun pulled on them. Chased off of property by drunk rednecks. This is in a county in Mid-Michigan where nothing ever happens. Very little crime.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Why do we have to label criminals?? I am so tired of hearing the "excuse" for a murder being that they were racist, they were a homophobe, and now this! Murderers are angry, hateful people. They would probably kill someone even if they weren't "gov't haters." Who ever did this is evil. It's not because they are suspicious of the government.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• mother the people at the Town Halls in opossition to what this admin is doing were brought up..that is why I say the media is trying to demonize us all and have been this is hardly the first time.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• There are idiot extremists everywhere. Look at the guy who shot at the anti-abortion activist in front of a high school. Should we associate him with ALL pro-choicers because he shot and killed a Pro-Lifer? No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• In every report I saw about this, there was no mention of tea partiers. What channel do you watch? Abject paranoia and hatred 24/7?

What happened to this man is criminal--just as any violent crime against any individual is criminal. The fact that FED was scrawled on his person made it appear to be a politically motivated action (these are the exact words from last night's newscast here on the local channel).
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's so very sad.

It could happen anywhere though. In the city where I used to live, census workers had to be careful in high-crime areas, but also in areas with illegals. Many were very suspicious of government workers asking questions. Also look at all the conspiracy theorists on here. People of all types are worried about a remarkable variety of things.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What happened to this man is criminal--just as any violent crime against any individual is criminal. The fact that FED was scrawled on his person made it appear to be a politically motivated action (these are the exact words from last night's newscast here on the local channel).

Exactly!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• This is the same site that was spewing so much HATE towards census workers, where do you think that gets us?

Hate and violent rhetoric was used , on tv and in print, against Dr. Tiller and look what happened.....

When you speak of hate and violence and bloody revolutions, this is the outcome. Why is anyone surprised?

If it turns out this wasn't politically related, do you still NOT see WHY it would be questioned?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

its mentioned in this one not paranoia..but your head is in the sand
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009